Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A great trip to Tree Hill!

Today, we took a wonderful trip to Jacksonville's outdoor nature center Tree Hill!  We had the perfect crisp weather to hike the trails, explore in the gardens, eat lunch under the trees, and make discoveries in the laboratory.  Check out the great time we had below!
Getting ready for our hike!

Learning about woodpeckers' brains!

Check out these holes made by a yellow bellied sap sucker.

Getting ready to study seeds and plants.

Learning about swamps and streams.

Wow, that swamp water moves slowly!

We found a raccoon footprint in the mud!

Mr. Montisano thinks about life while sitting in the Florida woods. :)

Lilly pads in the pond!


Holding Earthworms!  We're so brave!


5 comments:

  1. abruptly
    slowly
    quickly
    happily angrily
    nicely
    always
    affectionately

    Sincerely, Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our trip so much! I want to do more of our field trips like this! I cant wait.
    Sincerely,
    Yuri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the hike and I loved it whin I feed the fish.
    Sincerely,
    Courteny

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love my field trips i like the hike it was awsome i learn alot when we were at the hike.

    sincerely, maritza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear mrs.shall miss Russle & miss lipsky
    with out you I would not have nearly as good of a third grade year. Because of you I became better at all my subjects so thanks for help on the things like math&punctuation.

    sincerely,lainey

    ReplyDelete